[linux-dvb] Re: setup and/or installation guide

maestro wrote:

i checked the /dev directory and there isn't even a dvb subdir there so
no wonder the others are not found.

No dvb subdir... I'm almost a newbie like you, but I think I know this one: there are 2 ways of creating the devices.
a) Run the MAKEDEV-DVB.sh script (that creates static nodes in /dev/dvb)
b) Use devfs.

If you didn't setup the latter, you must use the script before runnig any utility.

Filippo

Filippo Ammazzalorso - f.ammazzalorso@tin.it

"Be joyful always; pray continually;
give thanks in all circumstances,
for this is God's will for you
in Christ Jesus." (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)