[linux-dvb] Conditional access questions - writing a DVB driver

Through the frontend API the driver receives information on which frequency
(effectively TSID) to tune. However where is the service passed in so that
the driver can set up that service to be descrambled? I presume it is through
the CA device rather than the frontend? However the documentation for that
only seems to show open/close and no ioctls?

I managed to get VDR working by passing the service to the frontend device
instead of the frequency, but I'm sure that isn't how it is meant to work!

Thanks,

Mark

Home | Main Index | Thread Index