[linux-dvb] Re: Pinnacle PCTV Media Center 300i PCI Card

Rainer Schubert <lintv@dl6hbo.inka.de> writes:

> As far as I can see the problem is the Zarlink MT352 DVB-T demodulator,
> which seems not to be recognised by the definition for the card #26.

No ;)

> saa7134[0]: i2c scan: found device @ 3c

That is the MT352 according to pinnacle.

> saa7134[0]: i2c scan: found device @ 8e

That is the IR receiver btw.

> and understand that the definition for the Pinnacle PCTV Stereo
> card (#26) does not include the MT352 DVB-T decoder in any way.

Yes, that just a temporary thing so you can use the card at least as
analog one for the time being.

> How do I write a correct definition for my card ?
> What else will I have to do to make it work ?

Its a bit more than just a definition, some code in saa7134-dvb.c is
needed as well.  I'm working on it.

> Is any of the chips mentioned above need a firmware file loaded,
> say by hotplug or compiled in, to make it work ?

No.

  Gerd

--
#define printk(args...) fprintf(stderr, ## args)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index