[linux-dvb] Re: Twinhan dvb-c tuning problems, help needed

On Wed December 8 2004 10:42 pm, Toni Willberg wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 22:37 +0400, Manu Abraham wrote:
> > On Wed December 8 2004 9:32 pm, Toni Willberg wrote:
> > > It seems that I can't get my Twinhan DVB-C card to lock on channels at
> > > all. I tested the same card on a computer running Windows 2000, and it
> > > was able to lock.
> >
> > Is it a VP-2040 ? The one which has an add-on CA daughterboard ?
>
> No, it doesn't have any add-on connectors, and it doesn't have have a CI
> slot.
>
> The box says it is VisionDTV Mini Cab, "Model 2021".

That's the one called the DCTNEW with a new Firmware on the ASIC, The
dst_check_ci routine will not be able to handle that, The frontend
handshaking is a bit different... The handling routine depends upon the
firmware version ID, that's what they told me earlier. As i did not have this
card, i did not push that ahead. I am expecting some more details from them.

The list what i have shows 2 different firmwares, and hence i'am waiting for
their reply.

Manu

Home | Main Index | Thread Index