[linux-dvb] Re: ves1820 not tuning, but works OK in Windows :(

On Wednesday 08 December 2004 11:17, Robert Schlabbach wrote:
> From: "Gavin Hamill" <gdh@acentral.co.uk>
>
> > telly:~# dvbtune -qam 64 -s 6952 -f 411
>
> Can you dump the NIT (PID 0x0010) from the above mentioned channel in
> Windows to a file and e-mail it to me?

For the list, Robert analysed the NIT I extracted using 'myTheatre' in
Windows, and verified by examining the file manually that the tuning
parameters 411MHz/6952ksym/64-QAM are correct.

He suggested I try playing with the spectral inversion settings which I have
duly done but am still not able to get a lock when using Linux :(

At present I have a 200 EUR ornament in the shape of a long PCI card which I
can't get a refund on because it works in Windows. Does anyone have any
suggestions as to how I can find out what Windows is doing to tune the card
which the Linux drivers aren't?

As you might be able to tell, I'm getting a bit desperate now! :(

Cheers,
Gavin.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index