[linux-dvb] Re: [rfc/patch] pll handling and cx22702 update

Hi Gerd

Does this change preserve functionality?

I'm looking at a bug in the LR6650 card (cx88/cx22702) where it's not tuning to certain muxes - from earlier messages in this forum other people have had the same problem. The odd thing is that it's the strongest mux that has difficulties. I've got it working ok in windows, so it does look like a driver bug.

I've got ahold of a datasheet for the cx22702, though it's an old one - some of the registers in the code are not in my datasheet. I think maybe there's something not quite right with the AGC registers in the init code, but I've not had time to play with them yet.

I'm no hardware guy, and a lot of the info on the datasheet goes over my head. Do you (or anyone else here) have time to look at this?

Would it be possible to reverse engineer the windows driver or snoop the PCI bus to find out what values it is poking into these registers?

Andrew

Home | Main Index | Thread Index