[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge Nexus-S problems with multiple channels broadcasting

On Fri December 10 2004 5:35 pm, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> Manu Abraham wrote:
> > On Fri December 10 2004 5:09 pm, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> > > Get yourself a non-av7110 card and be happy with it.
> >
> > It is not just the AV7110, other cards also have the same problem.
>
> Most drivers have the one or the other problem, but the av7110
But, what if the driver is not handling the data transfer ? Normally the DMA
buffer handling on top of the kernel, is the DVB API, in my case, the driver
had nothing to do with the DMA buffers. The driver used only i2c for
communication for setting up the card.

Manu
> PCI cards are the only one with a bandwidth limitation in the hardware
> design.
>
> Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index