[linux-dvb] Re: /dev/dvb0.dvr0 instead of/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 ??

Hi Kimmo,

Thanks for the quick response. :-)

The udev man page states that the suffix should be .rules (not .rule). However, the linux/Documentation/dvb/udev.txt file in the dvb-kernel CVS conflicts with this by stating:

Create a new rule file in that directory called "dvb.rule" and add the following line:
------------------------------schnipp------------------------------------------------
KERNEL="dvb*", PROGRAM="/etc/udev/scripts/dvb.sh %k", NAME="%c"
------------------------------schnipp------------------------------------------------

Regardless, I eagerly tried your suggestion. Unfortunately, it did not create the correct directory structure, i.e. something like:

# ls –l /dev/dvb/adapter0/
total 0
crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 1 Dec 6 21:03 audio0
crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 6 Dec 6 21:03 ca0
crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 4 Dec 6 21:03 demux0
crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 5 Dec 6 21:03 dvr0
crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 3 Dec 6 21:03 frontend0
crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 7 Dec 6 21:03 net0
crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 8 Dec 6 21:03 osd0
crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 0 Dec 6 21:03 video0

(This output is from my rig, previously running FC2).

Thanks again Kimmo. I am sure that your advice is correct...but there is something else that is not working for me :-(

Other ideas needed please.

Thanks again in advance to the DVB community..........

Paul

PS: Once I get this up and running, I promise to make available a detailed HOWTO to help others.

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 10:14:11 +0200