[linux-dvb] Re: Problems with WinTV NOVA-CI

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 13:08:02 +0000, Andrew de Quincey
<adq_dvb@lidskialf.net> wrote:

> > > Hmm, or perhaps the CI driver should reset the CAM automatically on a
> > > retune... but that might cause other problems. My feeling is it should be
> > > up to the userspace application to reset CAMs when appropriate - anyone
> > > have any comments?
> >
> > AFAIK resetting the CAM takes quite a while - I don't think people would
> > like to wait that long when switching channels...
>
> Yeah I agree. Have you seen this problem yourself BTW?
>
> Werner, when does this occur?
>
> 1) When changing from encrypted->encrypted channel?

When I start VDR on an encrypted channel, decrypting works. Switching
to another encrypted channel, decrypting does not work. Even switching
back to the channel that worked before, decrypting does not work
anymore.

> 2) encrypted->unencrypted?

This works.

> 3) unencrypted->encrypted?

Unencrypted channel is fine, encrypted channel never gets decrypted.

> 4) unencrypted->unencrypted?

This also works fine.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index