[linux-dvb] Re: linuxtv cvs and v4l2 versions for linux-2.6.9

Hi John,

I still have pre-built modules for the 2.6.9-rc2.  The
archive should also be pretty simple to rebuild
yourself.  And best of all, it has support for the new
Nova-T.  Be warned, this does not contain the latest
refactored code but a cvs snapshot from October.  That
said, it works for me, your mileage may vary.

http://soyeb.homeip.net/dvb-v4l-2.6.9-rc2-20041019.tar.bz2

Regards,

Soyeb

 --- John Jones <jones.john@gmail.com> wrote:
> dear hard working people
>
> I have been struggling to build a mythtv DVR for the
> girlfriend....
>
> Help
>
> I see that 2.6.9 has not got the latest DVB core and
> I need that
> because the driver for my  DVB-T card that I
> bought....
>
> a wintv Nova-T with a Conexant chipset UK spec
>
> (under lspci its a  multimedia video controller:
> conexant winfast
> tv2000 XP (rev05)
> plus 2 other conexant devices )
>
> now I looked at the CVS and that seems to applie to
> the latest the
> snapshot for 2.6.10 (rc3-bk8) and can not get a
> snapshot for v4l2 at
> bytesex for that snapshot
>
> so instead of all this
>
> can someone point me to patch's that work with
> vanilla 2.6.9
>
> v4l2 patch's ?
> linuxtv dvb patch's ?
>
> I see people did this a while ago and got it working
> what patch's did
> they use where are they located to download ?
>
> regards
>
> John 'please save me' Jones
>
> p.s. I can offer gmail address's as a bribe
>
> p.p.s. I can not install vdr because it asks for
> version 3 of the API
> is this right ? also what can I use to test this
> hardware as xawtv
> fails
> --
> this email came from johns gmail address

=====
email: soyeb@btinternet.com
www:   http://soyeb.homeip.net
work:  http://www.tertio.com