[linux-dvb] questions about dxr3-plugin

Hi,
last week I got my dxr3-Card working. First without vdr, with mplayer -vo dxr3
everything worked perfect.
The dxr3-plugin for vdr was hard to compile with vdr-1.3.15 as in the actual
cvs doesn't compile with 1.3.15 (1.3.17 also not), so I took 0.2.3-pre2 and
deleted all Lock() and Unlock() entries.
After I realized that the dxr3-Plugin needs firmware (I think this wasn't
descibed in the README/INSTALL at all, just found by chance the extra logfile
in my root directory) I just corrected the path and everything worked.
But there are some problems left:

- If I record a movie and try to view it with the dxr3-Plugin, I can see many
errors on the picture and there are many audio-gaps (I have dvb-t and firstly
thought it was my antenna, but xine-Plugin was definitely better). When i
manually tune with tzap and then do
mplayer -vo dxr3 - < /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0
there are also no errors on the picture.
Syslog sais:
cDxr3DemuxDevice::DemuxPes() ePesFrameError skipping data and resync
It my be so because mplayer and xine-plugin are correcting errors, whereas the
dxr3 card should correct errors instead of the dxr3-plugin, right? If so, is
there any chance to include this in dxr3?

- Many menuitems are overdrawn by other items, reading videotext is nearly
impossible

Is there anyone who got the dxr3 working _without_ these errors? Are there any
additional patches or working cvs snapshots?
Greetings,
Ralf

Home | Main Index | Thread Index