[linux-dvb] Re: Bug with frontend thread

On Friday 17 Dec 2004 01:11, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> Hi - while I was debugging the stv0297, I encountered a weird bug.
>
> The frontend thread would sometimes just not start up - I could see it
> wasn't by doing "ps ax". I needed to reload the drivers several times to
> get it to work... and then after a few reloads it would just not start
> again.
>
> Not had time to investigate it properly yet - I've not seen this before
> though. Has something changed recently?

This looks to be because the internal data structures for the frontend are now
in the public data structure, dvb_frontend - some of them are being
initalised, but theres no guarantee all of them are.

Shouldn't the private stuff be, well private? I can see why it was moved
though, because then we can do away with that big internal list of frontends.

If no one minds, I'm going to change struct dvb_frontend to just have a void*
pointing to the private data structure - dvb_register_frontend()/
dvb_unregister_frontend() will be responsible for maintaining this data
structure. Oh - and I'll move the private data structure definition back into
dvb_frontend.c.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index