[linux-dvb] DVB, MythTV and PVR-350

    Florin> Anyone here using a DVB card in conjunction with MythTV
    Florin> and a PVR-350?  I'd like to build an HTPC based on MythTV
    Florin> and receive both analog TV (with the PVR-350) and
    Florin> satellite (via some DVB card that i'll choose later).
    Florin> AFAICT, with PVR-350 one could use the 350's analog output
    Florin> to play the video back to the TV (it's actually possible
    Florin> to use the 350 as a "graphics" card and run X on it). The
    Florin> problem is, what happens to the stream captured via the
    Florin> DVB card? Can it be played through the PVR-350?

    Florin> I guess, what i'm trying to find out is whether i can use
    Florin> the PVR-350 as an input and output device, and the DVB
    Florin> card as an input device only (the output being PVR-350)?
    Florin> Are the two technologies compatible enough?

It works with the pvr350 as an mpeg decoder. You should also be able
to use the pvr as a graphics card, but I haven't tried that yet.

Marcus

| mocm@metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |
 |>>>             Quis custodiet ipsos custodies                 <<<|

Home | Main Index | Thread Index