[linux-dvb] ioctl to scale 4:3 video to 16:9 including SPU data?

Hi.

In conjuction with DVD playback (under VDR) I am looking for the possibility to scale MPEG and SPU
data from a DVD from 4:3 to 16:9.
Some DVD menus are stored in PAN and SCAN mode, where the actual Video and SPU data is stored on the
DVD as a 4:3 image. The decoding hardware is then supposed to re-scale it to 16:9 to fit the aspect
ratio.
Unfortunately I could not find such a feature in the DVB API. There is supposed to be an ioctl
called VIDEO_SET_ATTRIBUTES. But it seems that it is not implemented, although it's documented in
the API!?!

In short terms:
I am looking for a solution to display 4:3 Video and SPU Data as 16:9.
The TV-Set should also accept the data as 16:9 and not try to rescale it back to 4:3 according to
the information on PAL line 23.

Thank you a lot in advance and happy holidays to everyone.

 André.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index