[linux-dvb] Re: nova-t TDA10045H: Error during firmware upload

On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 09:21:19PM +0000, Dave Kelly wrote:
> Since upgrading to 2.6.10 on my FC2 server, I have not been able to use
> my Nova-T because of the following error:
>
> Dec 28 10:53:05 desktop kernel: tda1004x: Error during firmware upload
> Dec 28 10:53:05 desktop kernel: tda1004x: firmware upload failed
>
> I have used get_dvb_firmware tda10045 but this does not change the error.
>
> I was previously using ttlcdacc.dll from the Hauppauge download which
> has a filesize of 307200. The filesize of the dll from the file grabbed
> by get_dvb_firmware is 303104. Neither of these files work.
>
> The file generated by get_dvb_firmware is 30555 bytes. I can't find an
> explanation of this in the archives.

I had similar trouble, but it's working now. Two things:

The small file from get_dvb_firmware is correct, and that's what you
should put in /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware. This is different from earlier
kernels where you put the whole DLL in there.

Secondly, you need hotplug support in the kernel (CONFIG_HOTPLUG) and
you need hotplug installed. The kernel will call hotplug to supply the
firmware file when it's required; if that isn't working, you get the
upload timeout.

Hamish