[linux-dvb] Re: tv license

Soyeb Aswat wrote:
You require a tv license if you have equipment that is
capable of receiving TV signals whether you use it for
that purpose or not.  e.g. I didn't (and still don't)
have a TV, but I had a TV card in my computer so that
I could play PS2.  I had to buy a TV licence because
of that.

Regards,

Soyeb

It would seem that a license is not required in this case, see this letter from the Licensing Policy Unit at http://web.onetel.net.uk/~the2mice/theirstory.htm
Regards
Sid.

--- mike <comte@interia.pl> wrote:
hello everyone!

I live in UK and about week ago i bought Technisat
SkyStar 2. I would like to ask you whether you know if i need to buy TV license
if i am not going to connect this card to satellite dish and I will be
using this card for educational purpose.

thanks

mike

Tylko 35 gr za granice przez 0708-108-107. Zadnych
oplat wiecej!
Sprawdz: >>> http://link.interia.pl/f1849 <<<

=====
email: soyeb@btinternet.com
www:   http://soyeb.homeip.net
work:  http://www.tertio.com
)

--
Sid Boyce .... Hamradio G3VBV and Keen Flyer
=====ALMOST ALL LINUX USED HERE, Solaris 10 SPARC is just for play=====

Home | Main Index | Thread Index