[linux-dvd] Re: Antwort: DVD stops every minute for a few seconds

Hi,

> What hardware do you use?

i've a Celeron with 450MHz (100MHz FSB) and 256 MB RAM.
Replaying DVD with my hollywood card (on  windows, i'm sorry) works very well. Sometimes i read, that the DVB Card should have  nearly the same performance.

what type of hardware should i use for the best DVD replay?

so long,
Ralph

> Maybe the CPU has not enough performance, and needs some break for refilling
> buffers or something like that.
> Would be the best possible implementation by the programmer then, do do good
> play and a real pause; better than choppy play?!
>
> Regards, Daniel
>

> Hello everybody,
>
> i've some problems with the DVD option.
> I tried the DVD "seven" with Brad Pitt (i don't know, if i would have same
> problems with other films). The replaying is very good, but only for maybe one
> minute, than it stops for a few seconds. This repeats the whole film!
>
> Has anybody the same problems? What are my mistakes?
>
> I use:
> VDR 0.96
> libdvdread 0.9.1
> libdvdcss