[linux-dvd] Margi Car

Joe Garfield writes:
 > Hello all at linuxtv.org,
 >
 > I was wondering how to get the osdtest program to work with the current cvs
 > version ( as of December 10, 2001).  It seems /dev/margi is not supported
 > anymore (system froze when I attempted to run osdtest, only to find out later
 > that /dev/margi was nowhere to be found in makedev.napi).  Attempts at
 > directing the opening of the card at the begining of the program to some of
 > the nodes in /dev/ost have resulted in bad ioctl calls.
 >
 > Has someone gotten the osdtest program to work at all?  It seems there's been
 > a lot of changes to the driver since the program was first written.  What
 > changes need to be made to osdwrap to make the program work again?
 >
 > Thanks,
 >
 > Joe

makedev.napi only creates the devices for the new API. Osdtest uses
the old API. You will have to create the /dev/margi node according to
the README (mknod -m 0666 /dev/margi char 200 0). For examples of the
new API, see the sources and documentation in the DVB package or the
documentation on linuxtv.org.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de