[linux-dvd] DVD Playback works fine except 2 things: DVD-R and PAL 60

Hi !

Maybe you got a hint for me, 2 things are bugging me right now:

-1- I can playback DVD's just fine, PAL as well as NTSC, but my self-burned
DVD-R's ( using a Pioneer DVR-A03 ) do not play, vdr complains about the ifo
file not beeing found ?!

When i mount a regular DVD and compare to my DVD-R, i can see that the
directory & filenames on my DVD-R are all uppercase while many of the
commercial DVD's have lowercase filenames, is that a track to the solution
of the problem ???

the other Problem:

-2- I can playback NTSC movies just fine on my regular TV Set, but when i
use my other one, the image is Black and white, as this TV does not support
NTSC.
But from playing with a Hollywood+ Card i know that it supports PAL60, is
the DVB-S able ( and how can i make it ) to play NTSC as PAL 60 ???
That would be sleek :)

Thanks for any hints/infos,

Nils

Home | Main Index | Thread Index