[linuxtv-softmpeg] Linux stack checker

Hi,

Can anybody recommend a stack checking tool for Linux?

I'm trying to glue in the hardware decoding stuff, but I get segmentation
faults. This only happens when I use the code with VDR - the demo app works
OK. (Well, the demo app doesn't properly play the .ts file I have, but
that's a different problem).

The problem has started since I updated libsoftmpeg CVS, so I guess I have a
header file mismatch somewhere. I've tried recompiling everything. but no
joy :-(

I suspect it's a stack corruption problem - the seg fault occurs between the
last line of the function being called, and execution being returned to the
calling function.

I tried valgrind, but it just reports 'illegal instruction' which is
helpful!

I hate these memory corruption problems - can anyone suggest something to
help me track down what's going on?

Thanks,

Colin