[linuxtv-softmpeg] Re: Libavcodec and how to set up sotfmpeg correctly

Hello,

On 03/22/04 00:05, Sebastian Piontek wrote:
I have problems compiling libsoftmpeg, because the configure script doesn't
find my libavcodec directory.
Ffmpeg 0.4.8 is compiled correctly and installed, source files are under
/usr/local/src/ffmpeg.
Did you configure "ffmpeg" with "--enable-shared"?
Did you correctly install "ffmpeg", ie. did you do a "make install"?
Where did "ffmpeg" install its header files?

I think I only need to pass the correct path of the libavcodec directory to
the libsoftmpeg's configure script (or edit the generated Makefile
manually), but how? I read the code but I have no idea where to insert the
path.
Try:
CPPFLAGS=)<your path to ffmpeg include files> ./configure

Thanks,
Sebastian
CU
Michael.