[linuxtv-softmpeg] Current project status

Hello all,

it's been really quite on this mailing list, so I'd like to manifest the current project status so far.

"Unfortunately" libsoftmpeg works "good enough" for my purposes, so I have shifted my workload mainly to developping the upcoming Linux DVB API version 4.

Colin has made some improvement on the cle266 MPEG hardware decoding support, but it's not production ready yet. Because of the fact that pure software decoding works on the C3 1Ghz/M10000 platform, I didn't investigate this further.

I know that corrupt input streams can cause segmentation faults, because buffer size checks are not nonexistent at some places or are too lazy at other places. I'm looking forward to fix this.

Adding proper trickmode capabilities or at least some stuff to improve vdr playbacks to run more smoothly are planned next, although I cannot promise any dates.

CU
Michael.