Some question about the Kfir driver..

 Hi..

 Found your website with the Kfir linux driver, have had some contact with
BMK previosly regarding this card.
 Looked at the spec,s on the driver.

 Have a "question".
 We have used and avaluated the InfoValue QuickVideo suite. Both the windows
and the linux versions, and I have a FutureTel NS320 board to test with.
 The Linux multicast server only handels files as of now, since they work
with FutureTel, and they dont have any linux drivers.
 On the web you say that I get /dev/video, wich I can copy as I like to a
file or whatever. ie, cat /dev/video > myfile.mpg..
 But.
 If I set up a fifo file, ie /tmp/fifo, and do a cat /dev/video > /tmp/fifo,
what will the driver say?
 The point is to set the QuickVideo sever to read from /tmp/fifo as well.
since that one only opens, and read the file as a stream.
 But I want the fifo to be as small as possibel, and so, when the driver
attempts to write to the file, it will fail, if not the stream program ha
started to read, or there is enoff buffer space.
 Could I do as I describe above? Do you have an ide on how large the fifo
whould have to be?

 Since this is a replacement for the FutureTel card, there is a comersial
intreset in this, so it would be ok with a custom made driver for a sutibel
fee... :)

/Johan, ISG Systems AB

Home | Main Index | Thread Index