LinuxTV MPEG2 Encoder

Hi,

I've been looking at your page about hardware MPEG encoders. After looking
at VisionTech's web site, www.visiontech-dml.com, I see that their
hardware is available from several other manufacturers. The Hauppage
WinTV-PVR includes their MPEG encoder hardware and a TV tuner for ~$US250,
which is more interesting than the BMK-Elektronik offering.

Furthermore, the VisionTech page at

	http://www.visiontech-dml.com/kfir_rdk.html

states that their reference design comes with "Win NT/98/2000/Linux
Drivers and APIs in source form."

I have written to VisionTech asking for pricing/availability information
of their reference design. I also asked if they would send their driver
package to me to inspect.

I have no idea what sort of license their source comes with but it would,
perhaps, be an invaluable resource to the linux community in making this
type of hardware work with linux.

I have no experience with this type of coding (I do computer modeling of
electronic systems) but I would be willing to help. I'm certainly willing
to buy some hardware but I would prefer something with an integrated TV
tuner.

Do you have any comments or suggestions before I proceed?

Thanks,

Chris

Home | Main Index | Thread Index