Re: LinuxTV MPEG2 Board

Ralf Staudemeyer wrote:

> I´m thinking about to take that board. But before I order I want to know
> if I can use it without big trouble on Broadcast 2000. The developers of
> BC2000 use the LML33 for encoding but thats too expensive.
> http://heroinewarrior.com/bcast2000.php3

No, because the libmpeg3 sucks. It hangs on many different MPEG-2
streams. Like the ones from the Kfir-Chip. There's trouble with the
timestamps. You are not able to import MPEG-2 streams into BC2000. And
MPEG-2 is not the format of your choice for video editing. It eats too
much performance for decoding single frames.

Grüße
Frank

Home | Main Index | Thread Index