[mpeg2] MPEG2 encoder microcode

Hi,

Kyler B. Laird writes:

 > After reading about the LinuxTV driver for the
 > MPEG2 encoder board, I ordered two for
 > evaluation.  I received them recently and have
 > been trying to use them with no luck.
 >
 > Getting the microcode is not a trivial matter.
 > I asked a friend with an MS Windows machine to
 > install
 > 	ftp://ftp.visiontech-dml.com/pub/Win9x/KFir2/KFir2Application1.0/KFir2_Application_Win9x_1.0.zip
 > but he did not get either KfirLib.dll or the
 > KfirMicroCode directory.
 >
 > I would greatly appreciate a URL for something
 > that contains the microcode.  I've been
 > searching for a Linux MPEG encoder for a long
 > time and it's frustrating to be this close to
 > a solution.

The BMK boards do not use the KFir2 chip but the older KFir chip.
You have to get the appropriate File for this board:

ftp://ftp.visiontech-dml.com/pub/Win9x/KFir/KFirAppVersion4.23/KFirApp4-23_9x.zip

You do not need Windows to install the Windows drivers. You can install
it with wine.

Regards,
Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index