[mpeg2] Re: no init for kfir on 2.4.0

On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Frank Rosengart wrote:
> Paul Holcomb wrote:
> >  Has anyone has success without having the card active in a Windows
> >  machine first?
> No. The card has not to be 'activated' with windows stuff. We have four
> cards and they have never seen a Windows.  There are some very strange
> behaviours in different PCs. Usually it works but I know at least one
> Athlon box making problems.

Athlon with VIA chipset?

VIA has got quirks with their pci bridges since early pentium days.
Probably, the windoze driver does pci configuration fixup on VIA bridges.

You can use http://www.pcitree.de/ on windoze to dump pci tree and
configuration space data, then compare to linux.

-Dan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index