[mpeg2] got kfir going!

Kees Cook writes:

 > But it's kind of strange news.  Short version:
 >
 > If I load kfir *before* the USB modules, everything is fine.  If I load
 > kfir AFTER the USB modules, it locks up.

Glad you got it working after all.
I admit that I never have USB modules loaded but I also don't know how
this could affect the Kfir driver, especially if it uses different IRQs.

 > Next question: once I've loaded the firmware, when do I have to do it
 > again?  Can I forever just insmod kfir with "loaded=1"?

Yes, in the last CVS version (a few weeks ago) I changed the startup
procedure with laoded=1 to include the Altera reset, just not the
microcode loading. Reloading never crashed for me again after that.

 > So, now, after all this, I'm running happily, and I was going to change
 > the settings (I had loaded it only with debug=1).  When I tried to rmmod
 > the kfir driver, the kernel oops, and left kfir loaded:
 >
 > kfir                  205248   0 (deleted)
 >
 > Here is the oops, put through ksymoops:
 >
 > ksymoops 2.3.7 on i686 2.4.1.  Options used
 >      -V (default)
 >      -k /proc/ksyms (default)
 >      -l /proc/modules (default)
 >      -o /lib/modules/2.4.1/ (default)
 >      -m /boot/System.map-2.4.1 (specified)

I'll have a look at it but I won't get back my PC with Kfir card
before tomorrow. I hope it is just the kernel version ...

Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index