[mpeg2] Re: got kfir going!

On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 10:24:29AM +0100, Ralph Metzler wrote:
> Glad you got it working after all.
> I admit that I never have USB modules loaded but I also don't know how
> this could affect the Kfir driver, especially if it uses different IRQs.

Yeah, and it interfered with my sound card (es1371) with the non-Creative
codec.  When I swap my audio card with my girl friend's card which is also
an es1371, but uses a different codec, the audio card worked fine.  It was
also NOT sharing an IRQ.

Makes me wonder how the kfir cards were built.  Perhaps their PCI hardware
isn't so great...  I tried *two* kfir card, and both acted the same way.

> Yes, in the last CVS version (a few weeks ago) I changed the startup
> procedure with laoded=1 to include the Altera reset, just not the
> microcode loading. Reloading never crashed for me again after that.

Hm.  For some reason it didn't help.  If I load it with loaded=1 after the
USB modules are loaded, it still locks up.  *very* odd.

>  > So, now, after all this, I'm running happily, and I was going to change
>  > the settings (I had loaded it only with debug=1).  When I tried to rmmod
>  > the kfir driver, the kernel oops, and left kfir loaded:
>  >
>  > kfir                  205248   0 (deleted)
>  >
>  > Here is the oops, put through ksymoops:
>  >
>  > ksymoops 2.3.7 on i686 2.4.1.  Options used
>  >      -V (default)
>  >      -k /proc/ksyms (default)
>  >      -l /proc/modules (default)
>  >      -o /lib/modules/2.4.1/ (default)
>  >      -m /boot/System.map-2.4.1 (specified)
>
> I'll have a look at it but I won't get back my PC with Kfir card
> before tomorrow. I hope it is just the kernel version ...

Okay, cool.

--
Kees Cook					@outflux.net

Home | Main Index | Thread Index