[mpeg2] Re: kfir driver problem

Kees Cook wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 10:53:06PM +0100, Titus von Boxberg wrote:
> > when I'm trying to start the kfir1 drivers, the system hangs
> > when insmod kfir.o is run.
> >
> > I'm using the BMK board, suse 7.0 kernel 2.2.16
> Check the archives:

> And look at the "got Kfir going!" thread.  Possibly not mentioned in that
> thread is that it appears the Kfir will lock the machine if you have a
> VIA-based PCI chipset.
Hi,

it seems to be the via chipset:
I'm now using an intel based mb and it works almost fine...
except that sometimes (approx. every 0.8s ) the video flickers
and goes backward. The faster the stream, the more flickering.

what are the system hw requirements for using the kfir1 board?

and something more general, aren't there any docs?
or am I just too blind to see;-)?
e.g. I poked around linuxtv.org and really didn't find
the above link to the mailing list!?

thanks in advance!
regards

TITUS