[mpeg2] Hello [which card do you recommend ?]

Hello,

I am new. My name is Andreas.

I plan some nice machine, running under Linux, that enables me doing  lots
of digital video stuff. I plan:

· watching DVD movies from the DVD ROM
· watching DVB through a SAT-DVB card [PCI]
· recording the DVB to SCSI
· cutting out the commercials from the DVB video-streams
· playing back from SCSI
· perhaps have a DV hardware codec
· I want all decoding/encoding to happen on a general  purpose  PCI  card,
  for exactly these tasks. I do  not  want  to  use  one  card  for  MPEG2
  decoding  and one other card for video-capture. [As it looks ATM, I will
  only have three PCI slots  available,  one  for  the  DVB  one  for  the
  audio-system  and  one  for  the MPEG2 stuff, Gfx-card might be a Matrox
  450DH with 16MB,AGP]

I plan using the card on a computer-monitor but a video/tv out would be
nice in any case.

Is there any card that does this for a price that is affordable for mortal
humans ? (I am also in such an universal card for Windows  (probably  2000
Server)

Any info on the Kfir2A ? (I have been at VisionTechs page, they  announced
Linux drivers ?!)

The other problem seems to be the sound. I want it to go undecoded through
the  computer's  audio-system  in  a digital connection to a Harman&Kardon
Dolby-Digital Receiver. I planned using a Terratec EWX24/96 since this  is
said  to  have superb audio-quality and offers the I/O I need. As it seems
there is no Linux driver for that card, Terratec kindly  mailed  me,  that
they do not support Linux.:-( Do you know more ?

Good bye,
--
Andreas
<sp.amix@gmx.net>