[mpeg2] Re: Any news on the lockup problem on insmod (was VIA problem)

[Urban Myth]

Frankly it does not matter if it is chipset related or otherwise. But it seems
quite a lot people are experiencing problems on a lot different configurations,
and this is _not_ an urban myth. The BMK board does not run here, neither on
the BX (Intel based) nor the VIA (Duron/Athlon), it always locks up the
system completely on insmod kfir.o and I am only fishing for a solution.

>From my investigations I seems that it locks up completely upon loading the
micro code, however not always in the same place? The board is generating
interrupts however, and these are processed by the irq handler. The whole
thing seems a bit strange as the lockup happens upon the read() call where
the system loads in the microcode file, however this is only an assumption,
as sometimes the read goes through and then it locks up later (1 out of 10
the read() call works). It is quite hard to analyse when the total roundtrip
needs several minutes per try due to the fsck of the file system and all you
have are some printk() outputs from within kfir.o.

Any ideas?

- Frank

Home | Main Index | Thread Index