[mpeg2] ADSPCodeLoad failure continued

Can anyone tell me how the ADSPWriteAddress and ADSPWrite/ReadData
interface works? I worked under the assumption that you need to

1. first write in the address using ADSPWriteAddress
2. then fetch data with ADSPReadData or write data with ADSPWriteData
respectively.

So I included a small for loop in the code that a) reads the complete 16bit
wide address space, it was all 0xffff , writing anything using the
WriteData call does not change anything, in fact ADSPReadData always
returns 0xfffff.

I disabled everything I could in the BIOS and removed any extra PCI
hardware from the system, except for the AGP videocard. Still its fails to
load the ADSP MC.

I included udelays (tried 3,5,10) in the ADSPCodeLoad function for every
WriteAddress and Read/WriteData, still a NoGo.

I checked and rechecked the md5sum of the ADSP microcode, its fine.

I checked that the ADSP file was loaded in memory ok, before it was dumped
into the ADSP, this worked ok.

Kfir/Altera Microcode is loaded ok, only the ADSP_KfInit fails - I would
sort of understand if it does not work at all but this partly working state
is annoying.

What options do I have left?

*** Frank M. Siegert, frank<at>this.net, frank<at>wizards.de
*** WWW @ http://www.this.net/~frank * http://www.wizards.de
*** Get my PGP key: http://www.this.net/~frank/newpgpkey.asc

Home | Main Index | Thread Index