[mpeg2] Re: Kfir board with WinTV board (or other)

Lainaus Stephen Davies <steve@daviesfam.org>:

> On Mon, 7 May 2001, Marco Lohse wrote:
>
> > Another idea from Steve was:
> > >I was expecting to pick up analogue video by soldering onto the
> > >board.  I'll follow back from the bt878 mux (video input) pins to
> find
> > >where to pick up the video I expect.
> >
> > Did you have success with this?
>
> I haven't yet installed my WinTV; but I'm sure it will be easy to find
> analogue video on the board - the tuner is a stock part.
>
> I'll post my results - but probably won't be before next week.
>
> Steve

SUCCESS !!!

I didn't remember correctly which of the Brooktree chips WinTV has and read
Bt848 and Phillips-tuner datasheets. Bt848 has a nice feature of output of the
muxed video inputs. At home I found out that my card has Bt878A (by Conexant)
and it does not have video output pin. :(

The documentation of Phillips-tuner tells that it only has composite video
baseband output on pin 23 - but I was curious and connected by pocket video
monitor into it and it vorked like charm!

The card I have is WinTV 61344 Rev D421 and it has Nicam stereo and FM radio.
I am not sure which of the Phillips tuners it has, but they seems to be very
similar.

The pins in the tuner are in two rows. In first row (from the antenna
connectors to the back of the card) are pins 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 and
in the second row are 20, 21, 22,23, 24 and 25. The composite is on pin 23 and
ground is tuner chassis.

Esa Pekkarinen                  pekkis@maxisat.fi Esa.Pekkarinen@maxisat.fi
Maxisat Oy, tuotekehitys        http://www.maxisat.fi

Home | Main Index | Thread Index