[mpeg2] Re: crash on rmmod

Hi Alexander,
We ran into the exact same problem when removing the kfir module.
The symptoms were:
1. you could capture 1 good mpeg2 after a reboot, thereinafter no mpeg2 could be displayed with an mpeg2 player (but we could still get a datastream).
2. Long delay after you hit Ctrl-C with the 'cat /dev/video0 > test.mpg' (3-4 seconds)
2. kernel crashes when you remove kfir module

The problem appears to be a bug in the kfir module in kfir.c at line 2631.

The function is:

static void kfir_remove_device(struct kfir_dev *kfir)

the troublesome lines of code are

               val=rplxl(DMA0_DONE_ENABLE);
                val&=~DMA0_DONE_ENABLE;
                wplxl(DMA0_DONE_ENABLE, val);

change these to

               val=rplxl(PLX9054_DMA0_MODE );
               val&=~DMA0_DONE_ENABLE;
               wplxl(PLX9054_DMA0_MODE , val);

Quite frankly, I can't see how the current code could have ever worked!
Hope this fixes your problem.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index