[mpeg2] KFir install challenge

With a lot of help from a friend, I got a KFir
encoder working (marginally) awhile ago on a
low-end workstation that later died when I was
experimenting with it.  All of my other
machines had VIA chipsets, so I was unable to
do anything with my KFir cards.

Recently I put together another system that I
want to use as my VCR substitute.  It's a
little NLX box with an Intel chipset.  I've
been trying to get the KFir card working again
but although it doesn't lock the machine (like
the VIA chipsets) it doesn't output anything
through /dev/video.  (It doesn't get past
("schedule()".)  I've gone through a few
kernels and gotten different errors.

So...I'm curious if there's anyone here who
would see getting this working as an easy way
to make $50.  (It should only take a few
minutes, right?)  If you would like to take a
hack at it, please send me your SSH public key.
I will set up the system with a camera as input.
If you get it working (well enough to use as a
VCR substitute, at least), you'll get to watch
students walk by and I'll send you $50.

Not enough?  Let me know.

Thank you.

--kyler