[mpeg2] How do you split your KFir files?

I'd like to pick out a portion of an audio/video stream
captured on my KFir card using
	insmod kfir.o vidinmode=1 debug=1 vidinput=1 vidrate=1000000 \
	loaded vidoutmode=0 vidsize=0x00 streamtype=7 sndfreq=3 mpeg1mode=0

First note that Xine thinks this is an MPEG1 (not MPEG2)
stream.  I have not figured out how to generate a file
that it thinks is MPEG2.  Here's the first little bit of
it in case someone cares to verify.
	http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/~laird/video/kfir-start.mpg

I tried using mpgtx
	http://mpgtx.sourceforge.net/
to split it.  Although it appears to work, what I get
does not play under Xine.

Any clues?

Thank you.

--kyler