[mpeg2] Re: Opinions of the Kfir board

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 11:37:26AM +0100, Faye Pearson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking of buying one of these.  Can it handle full D1 PAL resolution?
> (720x576 IIRC), what sort of bitrates does it handle, what sort of Q rating
> does it give?  Can it create streams suitable for DVD or do they need
> post-processing?

 FWIW, I've been creating quite a few full resolution NTSC 6Mbit MPEG2
 dumps.   There was a lot of difficulty getting it to work inititally,
 but after swapping some hardware out, it works great for me now.

--
Paul Holcomb                               *pholcomb    \@      cpoint  net*
Sr. Network Engineer                       Counterpoint Networking, Inc.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index