[mpeg2] Re: [mpeg2]How to reduce MPEG-2 coding delay

    Fco> Hi, I'm developing an interactive application using the
    Fco> LinuxTV-Encoder-Card manufactured by BMK-Elektronik and linux
    Fco> drivers. The problem is that for my purposes the coding delay is
    Fco> too high. How could I reduce this delay as much as possible?

Yes, we need also this behaviour to develop a high-end visioconference
system... :-(

Theorically speaking, if we use variable bit rate MPEG2, it should be
possible to compress the frame vertically each time enough lines are
received from the camera to build a span of 16x16 pixel blocks. Thus the
delay could be something around 1ms for SECAM/PAL + the length of the
compression pipeline.

Are there any cards that could be used this way ?
--
    Ronan KERYELL              |\/
    Labo Informatique Télécom  |/)  Tel:    (+33|0) 2.29.00.14.15

Home | Main Index | Thread Index