[mpeg2] Re: VCD/SVCD compliancy

I'm currently using a program called transcode which accepts a
KFir captured MPEG2 without complaining... which is bizarre because just
about every other tool I tried complains about the MPEG's packet size
being wrong or some other such problem.

If you just want to create a VCDImager compatible MPEG2 out of a KFir
captured one, do the following:

use bbdmux (part of the linux port of bbtools) to demultiplex the video
and audio out of the captured MPEG, (in.mpg = captured MPEG):

bbdmux in.mpg 0xe0 video.m2v
bbdmux in.mpg 0xc0 audio.mp2

Then remultiplex them, (I use mplex.. a program which I found within the
Siemens DVB driver package - siemens_dvb-0.9-20010921/apps/mpegtools -
can't remember where I got the driver from now... it'll be linked
somewhere on linuxtv.org)

mplex -t SVCD -o out.mpg -i ES_STREAM -d . audio.mp2 video.m2v

And tada, out.mpg is a VCDImager compatible version of your original
MPEG2.

u can then:

vcdimager -t svcd out.mpg

God knows why all these odditys occur, i'm not an MPEG genius.  Other
weirdness includes both MPlayer and transcode telling me the captured
MPEG2 contains an mp3 (MPEG2, Layer 3), audio track, and other programs
reporting AC3 streams within the MPEG ?!?

Hope that gets u somewhere,

MAL

--
Komcept Solutions Ltd.