[mpeg2] Re: Kfir API docs

Ralph Metzler wrote:

> Amit Tank writes:
>  > me talking about linux drivers.
>  > any source to get (kfir linux drivers) APIs documented ?
>
> Let's see:
>
> read() - read MPEG data ...
>
> and Bram Stolk just added poll().
>
> There isn't really any API yet, just some insmod parameters.
> Feel free to discuss a framework for a Linux MPEG encoder API
> on this list.
>
> Ralph

hi Ralph,

oky. so I got the idea about the driver status.

one more thing to ask you.
I am writing a MPEG stream server (that wud reside in a Set-Top Box)
for a client.
I shall need to finally dump the Kfir driver on the 8MB ROM chip.
But I am concerned about the licensing stuff.
To the best of my knowledge the Kfir Board maker firm has been acquired
by some other company and those guys have dropped the support for this
board.
So I guess u cud be the right person to clarify the licensing terms.
do you plan to put it under GNU/GPL ?

rgds,
Amit Tank

Home | Main Index | Thread Index