[mpeg2] Trying to get Kfir board to run, read 0 byte data

Hi,

I got two BMK Kfir Mpeg2 PCI encoder boards recently, and was unable to make
them working under Red Hat Linux 7.2.

After loading the modules, I got from /var/log/messages:

Linux video capture interface: v1.00
i2c-core.o: i2c core module
i2c-algo-bit.o: i2c bit algorithm module
i2c-core.o: driver SAA7113 registered.
saa7113: init_module
kfir: Kfir board revision 5e
loaded microcode with length 32385
kfir: Reset Altera
kfir: done
kfir: Reset Kfir and PLL ... done
ADSP loading successful
kfir: ADSP initialization...done
kfir: segment: 0  Done
kfir: segment: 1  Done
kfir: segment: 2  Done
kfir: segment: 3  Done
kfir: segment: 4  Done
kfir: segment: 5  Done
kfir: Download parameters...kfir: done
saa7113: version=11
saa7113: attaching SAA7113 at 0x4a
kfir: saa7113 decoder attached
kfir: i2c attach [SAA7113]
i2c-core.o: client [SAA7113] registered to adapter [kfir #0](pos. 0).
saa7113: status=81
saa7113: attached to adapter kfir #0
i2c-core.o: adapter kfir #0 registered as adapter 0.
kfir: Found i2c device at: 0x4a
kfir: decoder status=7
kfir: start recording
kfir: Download parameters...kfir: done
eready=00200001

Everything seems Ok, so after that I connected a video source (both NTSC &
PAL) to the composite input, did the "cat /dev/video0 >test.mpg", I got 0
byte for the  test.mpg.

When I pressed Ctrl-C, the program terminated and then I saw

eready=00200004

Any idea?

Thanks,

Niu Ding