[mpeg2] Re: About the WinTV-PVR-USB

On Mon, 5 Aug 2002 17:05:22 +0200
"Pierre Emmanuel Brinette" <pbrinette@axedia.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   I'm a newbie and looking for informations about the Hauppagge
> WinTV-PVR-USB. Is this board compatible with the KFir ? If it is not, anyone
> know what's inside the box ?

Hello,

Although the PVR-USB from Hauppauge may have a kfir chip, it is
not supported by the kfir driver.

Currently, there is one development for the older PVR models:
pvr.sourceforge.net
He has audio working, video working, it looks like the kfir binary
code is loading, but not recording.  I haven't heard from that
project in a long time, I think it's dead.

Hauppuage is considering releasing linux drivers for the newer
pvr models (PCI).  You can make a posting here to let them know
you are interested:
http://pvr.opcenter.de/viewtopic.php?t=763

Finally, also send their sales team a message:
sales@hauppuage.com

They won't answer.

Best bet for a PVR is either wait to see if Hauppuage releases
linux drivers, get a zoran mjpeg encoder board, or simply use
your processor to compress video from a standard wintv card.

Torsten

Home | Main Index | Thread Index