[mpeg2] KFIR vs. DVB driver?

I'm considering buying an MPEG2 encoder card and was wondering if
the KFIR driver from linuxtv.org can be used together with the
LinuxDVB driver.

My plan is to add an MPEG2 encoder card to my VDR system and to use it
to record the (analog) signal from a proprietary set-top box. My system
has three DVB-S cards and so it would be important that the KFIR driver
can coexist with the DVB driver.

Klaus