[mpeg2] Re: Transport Stream from MPEG2 encoder card

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to get a TS from the MPEG2 encoder card.
> > To do this I have loaded the driver with
> >
> >   insmod kfir.o vidinput=0 vidrate=3000000 debug=0 streamtype=4
> >
> > and apparently get the video packets with PID 160 and the audio
> > packets with PID 80. If I use this TS in VDR, replaying such a
> > recording results in video with artefacts in the bottom half of the
> > picture (audio is ok).
> >
> > So I'm wondering if anybody has ever tried using a TS from the card,
> > and whether that TS was ok.
>
> Some more information: if I freshly load kfir.o and then start recording
> a TS, everything is fine. If I stop recording and then (without rmmod/insmod
> of kfir.o) start recording again, the recording contains artefacts.
> If I then reload kfir.o, the first recording after that is fine again.

In order to rule out a problem in VDR I have now created a TS recording
with a simple 'cat /dev/video > filename' (with the kfir driver loaded
with the above options). Even then only the first recording is ok. Every
following recording done the same way (after cancelling the current 'cat'
with Ctrl-C) shows artefacts. After re-loading kfir.o the first recording
works again.

This is absolutely reproducable here. Can somebody think of what might be
causing this? Could it be something in the driver that's not correctly
initialized or reset after the first recording?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Klaus