[mpeg2] Re: Porting to v4l 2

> > When you reload the driver, do you have to reload the firmware, or do
> > you set "loaded=1" so it just uses whatever is already there?
>
> I used to do
>
> rmmod kfir
> rmmod saa7113
> insmod saa7113.o
> insmod kfir.o vidinput=0 vidrate=3000000 debug=0 streamtype=4
>
> but now I tried
>
> rmmod kfir
> rmmod saa7113
> insmod saa7113.o
> insmod kfir.o vidinput=0 vidrate=3000000 debug=0 streamtype=4 loaded=1
>
> (with the added "loaded=1") and it fixes things just the same - just faster!
> However, the original proglem ist still there, though...

I understand more of the driver now... loaded=1 just disables loading
the Altera chip's firmware.. the ADSP and the KFIR still have theirs
reloaded.

Looks like the kfir isn't being reset properly... or else a firmware
bug. In the worst case, I suppose the driver could reload the KFIR
firmware whenever the device is open()ed.

Get onto that in a few days; In the middle of chopping the source up and
some tidying.

--
Andrew de Quincey <adq_dvb@lidskialf.net>

Home | Main Index | Thread Index