[mpeg2] LuxSonor MPEG2 H/W decoder

Hello,

It has been suggested by a friend that I ask for help from LinuxTV. Appologies if this is of no interest what-so-ever !!

I have had for several years my Dell Inspiron 7000 laptop. Ever since switching to Linux I have tried to get everything working / supported. The only thing left is the LuxSonor LS242 hardware MPEG2 decoder card. Frankly I'm out of my depth here !! I have the Sourceforge project code, which started and died in 2000, and LuxSonor's own Windows reference driver code which they released to the wild just before going down. In 2002 Alan Cox did some work with this device, but abandoned it. I beleive his work is still in the kernel tree and newer kernels correctly detect this card, but sadly there is no driver for it.

I have been told that the 2.6 kernels are "easy" (not my word) to get this kind of thing working with. But I have never done kernel modules before !

Is there anyone out there who would help me with this venture ?

Thanks,
Owen Savill

Home | Main Index | Thread Index