[mpeg2] Re: Porting kfir for kernel 2.6

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
Anssi Hannula wrote:

Hi!

I didn't see my first mail come through, here again:

I had some spare time, and made a patch which makes the kfir and saa7113
drivers compile and load under 2.6. This is against current CVS version.

As I know almost nothing about writing kernel code, or how these drivers
work, It's most likely that these drivers won't work (yet).
But, I don't even have such card so I can't really test/debug this, or
test how the 2.4 works.

I hope someone could test this, and see what happens (or even fix it)...

Thanks a lot! This is what's keeping me from switching to kernel 2.6!

I'll give it a try one of the next days.

Depending on how far you get with that patch, I'll probably send patches for making verbose 2.4 debug logs, so I can understand how some (most notably floating-point thingies) things should work. I believe I can get this driver working, but you kfir users have to test many patches yet to come.

--
Anssi Hannula

Home | Main Index | Thread Index