[mpeg2] Re: Porting kfir for kernel 2.6

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
Anssi Hannula wrote:

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

(as in the Makefile) I got these log messages:

[...]

After that I did a simple

  cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/x.x

to see if I canget any data, and then the system completely froze.

Ayn ideas what to test next?

It appears to load properly, that's progress :)
I'll investigate and modify the driver more.
I'll probably send a rev2 patch in few days.

Here's the rev2 patch. I made some slight modifications, and added some verbosive debug code (and removed the default debug=1 from Makefile).

Try first insmod kfir.ko debug=1
If it freezes when opening, try with debug=2 (may be *very* verbose)
With debug=2 maybe you should keep a console window open with 'cat /proc/kmsg' so you can see the latest messages before freeze if they don't make it into the syslog.

Now it doesn't freeze any more, but there's no data coming out of
/dev/video0, either.

(resent message, first mail didn't get through since I used wrong "from" address)

Could you post a log of working 2.4 session (insmod and cat) with the
debug=1?

--
Anssi Hannula

Home | Main Index | Thread Index