[mpeg2] Re: Porting kfir for kernel 2.6

Anssi Hannula wrote:
Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

Anssi Hannula wrote:

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

So it seemed to close the file automatically after first irq.
There indeed was a wrong return value in irq handler (in 2.4 it was void).
Corrected it, hopefully we get again further :)
Test this patch.

I'm afraid it still doesn't work.
Log attached (with debug=2).

Here is a new patch to test (debug=2). I slightly changed the kfir_read function and also put a BUG() in kfir_close so that the kernel dumps a backtrace in a log when the device closes, so that we can see what closes it.
Looks like we're finally getting somewhere here!

After loading the driver successfully I did

  cat /dev/video > x.x

and it actually wrote TS data into that file.
After a while I did Ctrl+C to cancel the 'cat', but that
completely froze the entire system :-(

The log file is attached.

Klaus